An estimated 4.66 million* people were waiting to begin treatment at the end of January.
- Caroline Dove, Chief Executive, NHS Elect
- Professor Pat Price, Co-founder, Catch up with Cancer Campaign & Radiotherapy APPG
- Dr Rob Harwood, Chair, British Medical Association Consultants Committee
- Professor Dr Nasir Rajpoot, Director, PathLAKE Centre of Excellence – University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS FT
- Professor David Snead, Consultant Pathologist Director, PathLAKE Centre of Excellence – University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS FT
- Andy Bell, Deputy Chief Executive, Centre for Mental Health
- Sara Bainbridge, Head of Policy, Macmillan Cancer Support
The impact of COVID-19 on the NHS has seen unprecedented pressure on services with a growing backlog of patients. After all non-urgent operations were postponed back in Spring 2020, some patients have waited over a year for treatments, missing waiting time standard targets.
Westminster Insight’s NHS Waiting Times Digital Conference
will explore how to overcome the patient backlog
and manage services during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will explore national and local strategies to beat the backlog for Cancer and Elective Care, with diagnosis, referrals and treatment under strain.
Hear from the PathLAKE Centre of Excellence at the University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS FT on how technology
can be used to help reduce waiting times through maximising efficiency and building treatment pathways. You will also hear how to implement technology to positively impact long-term budget management.
Considering the national waiting time targets set for 2024, you will review how to build a clear plan for expanding NHS infrastructure and capacity to help meet the demand of both non-COVID and COVID patients.